THE FIFTH POINT OF THE COMPASS will premiere at DOK Leipzig!
We are proud to announce that our latest produced cinema documentary “THE FIFTH POINT OF THE COMPASS” is celebrating its world premiere at the DOK Leipzig film festival in the Cinestar 5 on Thursday, 2nd November at 7 pm. The film is nominated for the Goethe-Institut prize.
Cinematographical parallel universes, genuine visually expressive with substantial concentration – in short: Cinema! This is Against Reality Pictures. Founded in 2013 by Arne Körner, Martin Prinoth and Akin Sipal.
About Us – Spalte 1/3
Arne Körner is a Hamburg based film maker. After studies as audio-visual engineer, he was a student of Wim Wenders at the Academy of Fine Arts Hamburg. In 2013 he participated in an exchange program at the École Nationale Supérieure des Beaux-Arts de Paris. In 2016 he participated at Werner Herzog‘s Rogue Film School. His work has been shown in numbers of festivals and received several awards. The Bicycle is his first feature film and won the Prix du Jury at Festival des Films du Monde de Montréal.
- Waldgang, 2019 (in production)
- Le Marché d’Aligre, 2018
- The Lone Fighter 2017
- The Bicycle, 2015
- Blink of an Eye, 2015
- Vue Pointe, 2014
- Surrounded, 2013
- Schurback, 2012
- The Guys, 2012
- Disintegration, 2011
- Die Buchhalter, 2010
- Station, 2010
- We make Photos, 2010
- A7, 2009
- 0,2%, 2009
- Café, 2008
About Us – Spalte 2/3
Martin Prinoth is a Hamburg based filmmaker and cinematographer. After his BA degree in communication sciences at the University in Salzburg, he studied Film at the Academy of Fine Arts, Hamburg. In 2017 he received the Gerd Ruge scholarship. He was born in Bolzano, Italy.
- The fifth point of the compass (feature length documentary)
- Le creature del Vesuvio (essay film. best short documentary at Napoli Film Festival. Shown at Duisburger Filmwoche)
- Winter (experimental/documentary)
Works as cinematographer (selection)
- They walk through the forest, 2018 (in production)
- 2016 “World Climate Conference” by Rimini Protokoll. Theatre-film. Directors: Lilli Thalgott, Sandra Trostel
- 2015 “The Bicycle” feature film. Director: Arne Körner
- 2015 “Ein Endspiel” feature film. Director: Lilli Thalgott
- 2014 “Winter” experimental/documentary. Director: Martin Prinoth
- 2013 “Kein Licht II” filmparcours. Director: Akira Takayama
- 2013 “Le creature del Vesuvio” essay film. Director: Martin Prinoth
Workshops and assistances
- 2012 “Das Venedig Prinzip” camera assistant to Attila Boa. Feature documentary 90min. Director: Andreas Pichler
- 2012 Workshop with Thomas Plenert
- 2011 Workshop with Michael Hammon
- 2010 Workshop with Wolfgang Thaler
About Us – Spalte 3/3
Akin Sipal is a Hamburg based filmmaker, scenarist and playwright. He studied BA Film at the University of Fine Arts of Hamburg. His plays are published by Suhrkamp and staged at the Nationaltheater Mannheim and Theater Bremen. He received several awards and scholarships. Since 2014 MA studies at the University of Fine Arts of Hamburg.
- Deprem Meprem (2013; experimental documentary, director, screenplay / shown at Dokfilmwoche Hamburg, Bundeskunsthalle Bonn)
- Krieg im Frieden (2015; animated shortfilm documentary, screenplay / shown at Internationales Kurzfilmfestival Hamburg, Dok Leipzig)
- The Bicycle (2015; feature film, screenplay, main actor / shown at Festival des Films du Monde a Montréal – Price of the jury, students secton, 49. Internationale Hofer Filmtage)
- Baba Evi (2016; short documentary/essay, director, screenplay / shown at Dokfilmwoche Hamburg)